Sailing week Ragusa-(Dubrovnik) – Corfù
From Dubrovnik we set sail to Montenegro and Greece with a non-stop navigation until reaching the beautiful Greek island of Othoni and pausing in its turquoise waters. Upon request we can make a stop in Montenegro sailing into the mouths of Kotor and reaching the eponymous ancient coastal town, surrounded by an impressive city wall, which is still very well preserved and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Between 1420 and 1797 Kotor and its surrounding region belonged to the Republic of Venice and the Venetian influence is still visible today in the architecture of the city. After some great on shore and off shore sailing we will finally get to the first Greek island, Othoni. We will then indulge in a well-deserved break and a tour of the island and then continue our sailing until arriving to Corfu. The island is described in Homer’s Odyssey, where it is referred to as “Scheria”, the legendary island of the Phaeacians, who arrived here with their magic ships from the distant land of the Cyclops. According to Homer, Odysseus, after having escaped Calypso and being finally on his way home, was opposed by the sea god Poseidon, who transformed his ship into a rock and with the momentum of the waves forced the poor Ulysses to seek shelter on the coast of Scheria. Nausicaa, daughter of King Alcinous of the Phaeacians, while going to wash clothes on the beach, met and rescued Odysseus there. Before setting back to his journey to the homeland, Odysseus decided to stay for a while and admire the beauty of the island. Today the fascinating island Corfu, and in particular the old city with the two impressive Venetian fortresses, is well worth a visit.
- Prices include: fee for the skipper / instructor and for the sailing course; navigation fees and access to Croatian and Greek waters; insurance; accommodation in double cabin with either double or single beds; en suite bathroom with toilet / bidet and shower with hot and cold water; full tank of water (1,350 liters) per week; gas for cooking; cleaning of the kitchen and overall cleaning at the end of the week; use of dinghy with outboard engine.
- The price does not include: the cost of food, fuel consumption (main motor boat 10 liters / h, generator 4 liters / h, outboard 4 liters / h); water after the first full tank; port charges for stops in ports or marinas; national parks and other fees. These will be divided among the participants. Bed linen (pillowcases, sheets, towels if not taken personally can be supplied at a price of ¤15 per change / per person.
- Discounts: For cruises lasting more than 2 weeks 5% discount on the total price. Children (from 1 to 6 years old) are free when staying in the cabin with their parents. If in a separate cabin for up to 10 years 50% discount.
- Optional extras on request: on board you can have half board or full board with preparation of delicious meals prepared with fresh ingredients and excellent quality. The menu can be changed according to the personal needs of customers with a choice of dishes of meat, fish or vegetarian.
- HB Half board includes breakfast and lunch at a cost of ¤ 80 per person / week. Alcoholic drinks included.
- FB Full board including breakfast, lunch and dinner at a cost of ¤150 per person / week. Alcoholic drinks included.
- Loading and unloading: boarding usually takes place on Saturday after 15.00 while landing takes place before 9.00 am on the following Saturday. The navigation ends on Friday. Variations are possible on request according to the needs of navigation or flights or ferries.