Sailing week Kefalonia – Lefkas – Skorpios – Paxos – Corfu
From Kefalonia we set sail at a time nearby Lefkas to arrive in one of the most beautiful beaches of the Ionian Sea, the jump of Sappho, a beautiful bay with high cliffs overlooking the sea, where it is said, the poetess Sappho has taken her own life by jumping into the sea from a high cliff which now takes its name. After a good swim and a visit ashore to take beautiful panoramic photos of the bay, we head towards the Island of Skorpios once the exclusive property of the famous greek shipowner Aristotle Onassis. After a stop in this enchanting bay we set sail to the nearby island of Meganissi where we wait for a good dinner of a meat or fish in the seashore. The following day we will sail along the coast of the green island of Lefkas, we will cross the narrow channel of Santa Maura made dredge by the ancient Venetians to avoid the periplus of the island to reach in the charming town of Lefkas. From here crossing over the swing bridge in the open sea where we attain for a nice sail to the islands of Paxos and Antipaxox. According to Greek mythology, Poseidon separated Paxos from Corfu with his trident to create a love nest for him and his wife Amphitrite. Paxos is famous for its ancient olive trees which produce oils one of the most ‘sought so that even Queen Elizabeth of England usually use them. Paxos is also famous for its caves, its bays and beaches adorned with olive trees and maquis which together with the neighboring island of Antipaxi make it one of the most’ beautiful Mediterranean .After stopping in the picturesque and lively harbor Gaios, in the beautiful bay of Lakka and took a swim in the turquoise Antipaxi will drive the bow towards the coast, the ancient Epirus, where we will arrive with a short sail in the bay of Parga dominated by the imposing Venetian castle. Here we expect a mundane evening between the colorful alleys of the town which lead going to the castle where we will enjoy the unforgettable panoramic view of the entire bay. The following day we head on the most northern of the Ionian islands, Corfu. The island is told in Homer’s Odyssey, cited by the name of Scheria Legendary island of the Phaeacians who with their magical ships arrived here from the distant land of the Cyclops. According to the legendary Homer, Ulysses, once escaped from Calypso and finally on the route at home, he was opposed by the sea god Poseidon, who transformed his ship into a rock and with the rush of the waves forced the poor Odysseus to seek shelter on the coast Scheria. Nausicaa, daughter of King Alcinous of the Phaeacians, going to wash the clothes on the beach with some slaves, he met and rescued Ulysses, before leaving for his circumnavigation towards at home, he wanted to know and admire the beauty of the island. Today Corfu ‘is always a charming island with its bays and green of the animated Kerkyra, the administrative center. The old town, dominated by two impressive Venetian fortresses, with its streets lined with quaint shops and traditional taverns where you can taste all the typical dishes of Greek cuisine, definitely worth a visit. And here terminates also our cruise.
- Prices include: fee for the skipper / instructor and for the sailing course; navigation fees and access to Croatian and Greek waters; insurance; accommodation in double cabin with either double or single beds; en suite bathroom with toilet / bidet and shower with hot and cold water; full tank of water (1,350 liters) per week; gas for cooking; cleaning of the kitchen and overall cleaning at the end of the week; use of dinghy with outboard engine.
- The price does not include: the cost of food, fuel consumption (main motor boat 10 liters / h, generator 4 liters / h, outboard 4 liters / h); water after the first full tank; port charges for stops in ports or marinas; national parks and other fees. These will be divided among the participants. Bed linen (pillowcases, sheets, towels if not taken personally can be supplied at a price of ¤15 per change / per person.
- Discounts: For cruises lasting more than 2 weeks 5% discount on the total price. Children (from 1 to 6 years old) are free when staying in the cabin with their parents. If in a separate cabin for up to 10 years 50% discount.
- Optional extras on request: on board you can have half board or full board with preparation of delicious meals prepared with fresh ingredients and excellent quality. The menu can be changed according to the personal needs of customers with a choice of dishes of meat, fish or vegetarian.
- HB Half board includes breakfast and lunch at a cost of ¤ 80 per person / week. Alcoholic drinks included.
- FB Full board including breakfast, lunch and dinner at a cost of ¤150 per person / week. Alcoholic drinks included.
- Loading and unloading: boarding usually takes place on Saturday after 15.00 while landing takes place before 9.00 am on the following Saturday. The navigation ends on Friday. Variations are possible on request according to the needs of navigation or flights or ferries.